Use leftover roasted 4-Rib Rack meat to make smoky, romesco-sauced sammies.
Recipe for 4-Rib Rack Romesco Sandwiches
Ingredients for Rib Rack Sandwiches
- ½ leftover Campo Grande 4-Rib Rack (1 rib per sandwich)
- 2 Tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, julienned
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 oz. goat or feta cheese
- Bread for 2 sandwiches
Ingredients for Romesco Sauce
- 1 large ripe tomato
- ½ Tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ onion, peeled
- 1½ garlic cloves
- 1 oz. hazelnuts, skinned and toasted
- 1 oz. blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 piece of bread
- Drizzle of sherry vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preparation for 4-Rib Rack Romesco Sandwiches
- Place the red onion, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, and salt in a small bowl. Let sit while you prepare the romesco sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- To make the romesco, place the tomatoes, onions, and garlic cloves on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, until the vegetables are nice and soft.
- While cooking, mix cream cheese with the thyme and rosemary and set aside.
- Peel the tomatoes and garlic, removing the skins.
- Place vegetables, nuts, and bread in a blender and puree until smooth. Add the vinegar and blend again. While the blender is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to combine. Season with salt. If the mixture seems too thick, drizzle in some additional olive oil.
- Toast sandwich bread on both sides and cut up the Rib Rack meat.
- Spread the herb cream cheese over one slice of bread and place the Rib Rack meat on top. Drizzle with romesco sauce and top with cheese, pickled onions, and the other slice of bread. ¡Buen provecho!