Basting this grilled Loin Roast with a limey, bourbon-spiked marinade keeps it extra moist and tender while it cooks. Careful: The mayo-based sammy sauce, inspired by the golden arches, is positively addicting.
Recipe for Bourbon Loin Roast Sandwich with Caramelized Onions and Big Mac Sauce
Time: 1 hr
Ingredients for Bourbon Loin Roast Sandwich with Caramelized Onions and Big Mac Sauce
- 1 17-24 oz. Campo Grande Loin Roast
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- ½ Tablespoon ketchup
- ½ Tablespoon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon pickles, finely chopped
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup bourbon
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 buns or bread for 3 sandwiches
- Ground black pepper
Preparation for Bourbon Loin Roast Sandwich with Caramelized Onions and Big Mac Sauce
- Fire up the grill.
- While the grill is heating up, melt butter in a sauté pan and cook onions until soft and transparent, about 10-15 minutes. Add in the brown sugar, vinegar, and worcestershire and let cook for a few more minutes. Set aside.
- To make the Big Mac Sauce, mix together mayo, ketchup, mustard, chopped onions, and pickles in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the water, bourbon, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Once the grill has reached a temperature of 350ºF, season the Loin Roast with salt and pepper and place on the grill.
- Cook the Loin Roast for 25-30 minutes, about 30 minutes for every pound of meat. While the meat cooks, use a pastry brush to baste it with the bourbon glaze.
- Once the meat has reached an internal temperature of 140ºF, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes. During that time the meat will continue to cook and carry over into a temperature of 145ºF.
- Slice the meat thinly (like pastrami) and build your sandwich: spread the Big Mac Sauce on the inside of the bun and top with the Loin Roast and caramelized onions. ¡Buen provecho!