Attention ramen fans: this is your new dig. This umami-packed ramen gets the Ibérico treatment with thin slices of marinated Coppa and a whole slew of veggies and mushrooms.
- 1 31-42 oz. Campo Grande Coppa
- 3 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- ¾ cup soy sauce, divided
- 100g (3.5 oz.) dried shiitake mushrooms
- 8 portions ramen noodles
- 80g (3 oz.) bean sprouts
- 1 bunch spinach
- 8.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Vegetable oil
- Black pepper
- Slice the Coppa as thin as possible, as if it were carpaccio, and place in a glass dish or container.
- Mix sesame oil, oyster sauce, and 2 Tablespoons soy sauce together and pour over the Coppa.
- Place shiitakes in a heatproof bowl. Boil about two cups of water and pour over the shiitakes to cover, letting them sit in the water for 20 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to the package instructions.
- Blanch spinach, cooking for about 3 minutes in salt water.
- Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a large pot over high heat and cook Coppa filets a couple minutes until golden brown.
- Add chicken broth and the water from the shiitakes, leaving shiitakes in the bowl. Bring to a boil and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Cut shiitakes in thin strips and add to the pot, along with remaining soy sauce and brown sugar. Let boil for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and bean sprouts and remove from heat.
- Boil the eggs to a soft-boiled texture, 5-6 minutes. Remove shell and cut each egg in half.
- To serve, place noodles in each bowl, ladle the broth over the noodles, and top with Coppa. Add shiitakes, sprouts, and spinach on top, along with half a soft-boiled egg and a sprinkle of cilantro. ¡Buen provecho!