Fajitas, with their sizzling platters of perfectly seasoned meat and an array of colorful toppings, have become a beloved dish that encapsulates the spirit of Tex-Mex cuisine. Whether you're a seasoned chef looking to expand your repertoire or a kitchen novice eager to impress your friends and family, fajitas offer an exciting and delicious journey for all.
Recipe for Flank Steak Fajitas with Chimichurri
1 14-24 oz. Campo Grande Flank Steak
3 flour tortillas
1.75 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated
1.75 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
3.5 oz. goat cheese
3.5 oz. brie cheese
Fajita seasoning rub (or your preferred seasoning)
3 tablespoons chimichurri sauce
- Prepare the Flank Steak: Trim the flank steak and remove any excess fat. Season the steak with your chosen fajita seasoning rub. In this case, we used a special rub for fajitas.
- Grill the Steak: Cook the steak on the grill for about 2 minutes per side over high heat, at around 350-400°F (175-200°C). You can also cook it on a griddle at the same temperature and time. However, grilling it over charcoal or on a grill adds a special smoky flavor to the meat.
- Prepare the Cheeses and Tortillas: While the steak is cooking, cut the goat cheese and brie into slices. Heat the tortillas on the grill until they are lightly browned on both sides.
- Rest and Slice the Steak: Once the steak is cooked, let it rest for about 5 minutes, then slice it into thin strips.
- Assemble the Fajitas: To assemble each fajita, place the sliced steak on the tortilla. Add the four cheeses: mozzarella, brie, goat cheese, and cheddar. Finish with a tablespoon of chimichurri sauce.
- Heat and Serve: Heat the assembled fajitas on the grill until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious fajitas!