A quick two-minute sear on each side is all Ibérico Jowl Secreto needs to show its true colors. The side of broiled parmesan potatoes smashed to crisped perfection and a fresh salad is just a bonus.
- 1 Campo Grande Jowl Secreto
- 6-8 fingerling or petite potatoes
- 5 oz. finely grated parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for salad dressing
- 1 small bag salad greens
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Black pepper
- Flaky sea salt
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Boil the potatoes until soft and tender.
- While the potatoes are boiling, mix parmesan, garlic powder, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until you have a thick homogeneous paste.
- Once the potatoes are cooked and cool enough to handle, place them on a baking sheet. Using the bottom of a glass cup, smash each potato and place a dollop of the parmesan paste on top.
- Broil for a few minutes in the oven until the paste is melted and browned, being careful not to burn.
- Season the Jowl Secreto with salt and pepper. Heat a medium skillet or griddle over high heat and cook for 2 minutes on each side, being careful not to overcook.
- Remove from heat and let the meat rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix salad greens, onion, tomatoes, and dried cranberries together in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic to taste.
- Slice meat, season with a pinch of flaky sea salt, and serve with salad and parmesan potatoes. ¡Buen provecho!