Today in our kitchen we bring a nod to Saint Patrick's Day, of course. We will make one of the most traditional recipes, giving it a Campo Grande touch, reinventing the traditional Shepherd's pie.
We will substitute the lamb with a magnificent Lomo Bajo (Strip Steak) of an old cow from Campo Grande, which will add a spectacular flavor to the dish. Do not hesitate to try it, you will not regret sharing this recipe with your loved ones to celebrate today.
- 3 Campo Grande Lomo Bajo
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp of wheat flour
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Tomato paste
- Green peas
- 5 potatoes
- 1 tsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 cup of meat broth
- Peel and cut the potatoes and boil them in a pot with plenty of water.
- Chop the onion, the meat and add it to a pan with a little oil. Once it is brown, add the thyme, rosemary, parsley, garlic powder and the Worcestershire sauce. Let it cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the chopped carrots, corn and green peas along with the tomato paste and one cup of meat broth. Saute everything until dry. Leave over low heat until the potatoes are cooked to make the puree.
- In the same pot where the potatoes were cooked, remove the water. Add the butter and Parmesan cheese in equal parts and one tablespoon of garlic powder. Add salt to taste. Mix everything until a homogeneous puree remains.
- In an oven safe container, place the mixture of meat with vegetables below and add the mashed potatoes on top.
- Cook in the oven until the mashed potatoes are golden.
- It is ready to serve and enjoy!