This delicious white fish stars in a large number of recipes in gastronomy since it can be cooked in many different ways. It has a slightly sweeter flavor than cod and it can be enjoyed the entire year. ‘Merluza’, as it is called in Spain, is low in fat and calories. The exquisiteness of its meat makes it one of the most valued fish on the market.
- 250gr European Hake
- 2gr Black pepper
- 3g Cumin
- 3gr Cajun spices
- 2gr Smoked paprika
- 50gr Apple cider vinegar
- 20gr Endive
- 15gr Grapes
- 50gr Coconut milk
- 30gr Greek yogurt
- Rice flour
- Chickpea flour
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, mix the cajun spices with the extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Cut the hake into cubes and put it in the marinade for at least half an hour in the fridge.
- Mix coconut milk, greek yogurt and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Mix the rice flour, chickpea flour, cumin and black pepper. Coat the cubes of hake and fry until crispy.
- Mix part of the yogurt sauce with the endives and grapes.
- For plating, add the cubes of hake first and the endives and grapes on top.
- Pour yogurt sauce and sprinkle with smoked paprika.