Our Oven-Baked Iberico x Wagyu Meatball Sandwich is a masterpiece in a bun, showcasing the exquisite blend of Iberico and Wagyu ground meat, tantalizing spices, and a rich homemade tomato sauce. This isn’t your ordinary meatball sandwich; it’s a gourmet twist that will transport your taste buds to a whole new level of satisfaction.
Recipe for Oven Baked Iberico-Wagyu Meatball Sandwich
Course: Main course
- 1 pack of Campo Grande Iberico x Wagyu ground meat
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- 3 tablespoons of panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 2 shallots
- 5 leaves of basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 12 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 3 sandwich or sub rolls
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Iberico x Wagyu ground meat, egg yolk, panko breadcrumbs, oregano, and thyme. Mix everything well.
- Create meatballs approximately the size of an egg; you should get around 8-9 meatballs. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle some oil over them.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
- While the meatballs are baking, prepare the tomato sauce. In a pan, sauté finely chopped garlic and shallots until they start to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Let it cook for a few minutes, then add the chopped basil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- When you take the meatballs out of the oven, add them to the tomato sauce, allowing all the flavors to combine.
- Toast the inside of the sandwich or sub rolls. Add 4 slices of mozzarella cheese, 3 meatballs, and a generous drizzle of the tomato sauce. Bake in the oven again until the cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes.