Ibérico is the only way to do breakfast. Slow-cooked Pork Belly gets the sticky-sweet treatment with hot honey and barbecue sauce, along with refreshing mango strips, and a savory slather of vibrant pesto. And of course, it wouldn't be the most important meal of the day without a jammy poached egg on top.
Make these toasts open-faced like a Spanish tostada, or top them with an extra slice of bread for a very serious breakfast sandwich.
Recipe: Pork Belly Breakfast Toasts
Pork Belly Breakfast Toast Ingredients
- 1 56-65 oz. Campo Grande Ibérico Thick Pork Belly
- 3 Tablespoons red style meat rub
- 3 Tablespoons mustard
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 Tablespoon spicy hot honey
- 12 eggs
- 2 mangoes, peeled, cored, and cut into strips
- 2-3 baguettes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 12 Tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 bunch chives, minced
- 4 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
Pork Belly Breakfast Toast Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut Pork Belly into bite-sized, 1.5-inch square pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add mustard and mix thoroughly into the Pork Belly to incorporate. The mustard will help the seasonings stick better to each piece.
- Add red rub, black pepper, and salt and mix until incorporated.
- Spread Pork Belly pieces evenly on a sheet tray, leaving space between each so they can cook uniformly. Place in the oven and cook for 1 ½ hours. Flip each piece and cook for another hour.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and discard half of the grease in the pan. Lower the oven temperature to 250ºF.
- Drizzle barbecue sauce and hot honey on top and cover with foil. Bake for an additional 1 hour.
- Poach eggs by cutting squares of plastic wrap and placing a drop of oil and a cracked egg in each, tying them up in little individual bags with a clothespin. Then, place the eggs in a pot of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes and remove from water.
- Cut baguettes into individual servings.
- Rub the pesto over the cut side of the baguettes and top with mango strips. Add pork belly bites, place a poached egg on top, and sprinkle with chives and parmesan cheese. ¡Buen provecho!