Though this recipe calls for oven-roasting, you can also try it out on the grill. Eat the extra-tender roasted coppa on its own, or make next-level sandwiches and burgers with your toppings of choice.
- 1 31-42 oz. Campo Grande Coppa
- Black pepper
- ½ cup brandy
- Juice from 1 lemon, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup water
- Remove any excess fat from the coppa. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Sear the meat over high heat in a cast iron skillet until nicely browned.
- Once seared, place the coppa in the oven in the skillet and cook the meat at 300ºF.
- While the meat cooks, mix the brandy, lemon juice, water, and salt to taste together in a small bowl. Brush the meat as it cooks using a pastry brush.
- Once the meat has reached the desired temperature 145ºF, remove from heat and let it rest for 10-15 minutes to lock in the juices.
- To serve, slice the coppa into thin slices and serve with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon.¡Buen provecho!