Make these fiery Coppa montaditos (small tapas-style sandwiches) with liquid smoke to get that just-barbecued flavor without a grill.
- 1 31-42 oz. Campo Grande Coppa
- 250g (9 oz.) cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 Tablespoons smoked gouda cheese, grated
- 2-4 drops liquid smoke, like Stubb’s (see individual brand recommendations)
- 2-3 baguettes
- Black pepper
- Fly by Jing Sichuan Chili Crisp
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- Mix cream cheese, blue cheese, and gouda in a small bowl and set aside.
- Slice Coppa into ½-inch thick filets and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat griddle or skillet over high heat and cook filets with liquid smoke, 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- While the meat is resting, warm the bread and cut into ½-inch rounds.
- Cut the Coppa into thin slices so you can easily fit them onto the bread rounds.
- To build the montaditos, spread cheese on one bread round, add Coppa filets, and top with chili crisp and a sprinkle of chives, placing another round of bread on top. Repeat with remaining ingredients. ¡Buen provecho!