Pork is very versatile and can be prepared in an infinite number of recipes and preparation methods. No matter what type of pork cut you choose, the vast majority can be prepared in a delicious roast on the grill, in the oven, or even in a modern air fryer.
Roast pork in air fryer
One of the benefits of preparing food in an air fryer is that the recipes are healthier. Besides, of course, they practically cook on their own. One way to prepare pork is precisely by using this innovative cooking method.
Pork loin is one of those cuts that is best roasted, so learn how to do it with your Air Fryer! Why use pork loin? To begin with, loin is a type of cut that is characterized by being very lean, that is, it does not have much fat and is very tender. The only drawback of this piece is that it can easily dry out if you don't watch the cooking time.
Traditionally, pork loin is prepared in the oven and is the star dish at special celebrations and Christmas. Why not take the risk of trying it with the air fryer method? By mixing your favorite ingredients, you can obtain a very crispy exterior and tender, delicious meat. Thanks to the circulating heat of the Air Fryer, which moves at high speed, the tenderloin will remain very juicy on the inside and you will hardly have to keep an eye on it or adjust the liquids. It won't be dry!
Of course, if you want a much more intense flavor, it is advisable to choose Iberian pork loin for this recipe. The Iberian loin is obtained from Iberian designation pigs. The meat is very tender, soft, juicy and of great quality. It has a great input of vitamins, minerals, proteins and fatty acids that are ideal for a healthy and balanced diet. And its flavor is unique.
You will know you have bought Iberian pork loin because the meat will have a vibrant reddish-pink color. Regular pork is paler.
Air Fryer Roast Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Half a kilo of pork loin.
- Two tablespoons of brown sugar.
- One tablespoon of paprika.
- One teaspoon of coarse salt.
- One teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- Half teaspoon of onion powder.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Garlic powder.
- Half a tablespoon of olive oil.
- The first thing to do is to remove the meat from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
- Once the meat is at room temperature, it is time to clean it. To do this, remove the skin or webbing from the top of the loin. It is a very thin membrane that comes off easily with a knife or scissors.
- Mix all the powdered ingredients in a bowl.
- With the help of a kitchen brush, smear the tenderloin with olive oil and then, pass the meat through the mixture you have made in the bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer to a temperature of 200ºC (400ºF). Preheating should not take more than five minutes.
- Keep the temperature constant and choose the "air fry" program.
- Set the cooking time to 20 minutes.
- If you have time to spare, then reduce the temperature to 180°C and increase the cooking time to 30 minutes.
- Place the pork tenderloin in the air fryer box of your air fryer.
- Once the meat is ready, the air fryer will warn you and it will be time to remove the meat.
- Wait before slicing the loin. Let it rest for five minutes, covered with aluminum foil.
- Keep the juices that the loin roast has released, as they will be useful to pour over the meat when serving.
- Cut the meat into small steaks and serve, drizzling the juices over the top.
What to serve the loin roast with?
Tenderloin is a very versatile recipe and can be accompanied by anything you can think of. While the meat is in the air fryer, prepare some of your favorite side dishes. With the Air Fryer, you don't need to constantly monitor how the roast is coming along, but it's a good idea to check on it from time to time.
Get to work. You can accompany the tenderloin with fries, baked, boiled or mashed potatoes - always a good choice! If you decide on fries, you can prepare them before the tenderloin, also in your Air Fryer to make them healthier.
The roast is also perfect with salads and a variety of vegetable soups, especially in the winter season. You can even prepare pasta to accompany this delicious recipe.
Another alternative is to prepare a sauce to bathe the pork loin roast. The options are very diverse; from cheese sauces, to red fruit or fig jams, and even tomato jam.