Iberian pork ribs will rock your table. They are a favorite for children and adults alike. Iberian pork ribs can be prepared on the grill or barbecue, but you can also bake them in the oven. Discover the easiest way to prepare them!
How to prepare Iberian ribs?
Ibérico ribs taste best with BBQ. This sauce is very sticky and has a soft texture,which makes it a favorite for children and other diners. The preparation of the sauce is what may take you the longest, as the ribs, baked or grilled, are done fairly quickly.
Keep in mind that Iberian ribs in general do not usually dry out, as it is a meat that is quite juicy and fatty; these ribs, baked, are done in about 45 minutes, approximately, but should be cooked over low heat (160º C).
It is advisable, halfway through cooking, to check if the ribs are drying out. Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to prevent this.
BBQ ribs recipe
- Two Iberian pork ribs.
- Coarse salt.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
Ingredients for homemade barbecue sauce
- Two spring onions.
- Two tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Two tablespoons Worcestershire or Perrins sauce.
- One tablespoon of sweet paprika.
- One tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Two tablespoons of honey.
- Two tablespoons of ketchup.
- 200 grams of tomato sauce or crushed tomato.
- One tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Four tablespoons of vinegar.
- One tablespoon of olive oil.
- Salt and freshly ground coarse pepper.
- The first thing to do is to prepare the BBQ sauce. For the sauce ingredients and consistency to be ideal, it is advisable to prepare the sauce a couple of days before making the ribs.
- Finely chop the spring onions. Remove the stems and roots.
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan and place the spring onions and a pinch of salt. The fire should be at medium-low temperature. Cook the spring onions until they turn transparent and are soft.
- Add the brown sugar and stir to caramelize the chives.
- Pour in the tomato sauce or crushed natural tomato and mix. Let cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Lower the heat and let the mixture cook for five minutes. Stir every so often to prevent the BBQ sauce from sticking.
- Adjust salt and pepper if necessary.
- It is advisable to marinate the pork ribs the night before or very early in the morning of the day you are going to prepare the recipe.
- To do this, use a kitchen brush and paint the ribs on both sides with the homemade barbecue sauce.
- Place in a container, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- A couple of hours before cooking, take the ribs out of the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap to allow the meat to breathe. It is important that the meat is at room temperature at the time of cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 180º C and place the ribs inside.
- You should place the ribs in a special oven tray or container.
- Lower the temperature to 160º C and let the ribs cook for 45 minutes. Halfway through cooking, take out and turn the ribs over. It is time to drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and a little more barbecue sauce. You can also add a glass of water.
- The ribs will be ready when the meat comes off the bone easily.
- To prepare the ribs on the grill or barbecue, you should preheat the grill and place the ribs when the charcoal is white and the embers are almost completely extinguished.
- Place the grate 15 centimeters away from the fire and a tray underneath so that the cooking juices can drip off.
- Cover the grill and leave for 20 minutes. Check for doneness, add a drizzle of olive oil and a little more barbecue sauce.
- Turn the ribs over and leave on the fire for another 20 minutes.
Serve Iberian pork ribs
Iberian pork ribs are ready when the meat can be easily separated from the bone. Use a fork to check the state of the ribs before getting them out of the heat. Once they are ready, it is time to serve them to the guests.
Place the ribs on a platter and cut along the grain of the meat so that diners can serve themselves. You can also serve a set of ribs to each diner, as it is enough for one portion.
Serve with french fries or a salad and be sure to serve a bowl of barbecue sauce. The recipe will delight the most demanding palates!