Pork tenderloin is a type of meat that has a characteristic, delicious flavor, but it can be a bit dry. To prevent the tenderloin from drying out, it is important to marinate it properly, and to prepare it at a low temperature for a long period of time. In addition, it is essential to monitor the cooking to add more liquids if necessary.
How to prepare marinade for the tenderloin roast?
Although the tenderloin requires a long cooking time in the oven, its preparation is very simple. Additionally, pork tenderloin is ideal for storing in the refrigerator and using it, if leftover, to make sandwiches or snacks.
Choosing the right type of meat can make a big difference after cooking. Iberian pork loin is the best alternative, since it is a meat with high nutritional values, but also, its flavor is very intense. Iberian loin is lean, so you will not find much fat in it and it is perfect for people who follow a healthy diet.
This type of pig grows in the meadows of Spain and Portugal and its meat is so rich because the animals’ diet is based on acorns. In addition, they exercise a lot throughout their lives so they have a large amount of muscle fibers and infiltrated fat.
Choosing Iberian pork loin is the best alternative if you want a recipe that will please your guests. But as it is a dry meat in itself and with hardly any fat, the pork loin roast marinade plays a key role at the time of preparation.
Oven roasted pork loin recipe
- One kilo of pork loin.
- 250 milliliters of extra virgin olive oil.
- 250 milliliters of white wine or cognac. You can also use sherry wine.
- One teaspoon of dried oregano.
- One teaspoon of dried thyme.
- One teaspoon of rosemary.
- Three cloves of garlic.
- Coarse salt.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- One kilo of baking potatoes.
- Wash and dry with kitchen paper.
- Place the loin in a special dish or in an oven tray.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. If you have a mortar or a special utensil, crush the garlic.
- Add half of the wine and half of the oil and mix until the ingredients are integrated.
- With the help of a kitchen paper, smear the tenderloin well all over.
- If you have a syringe, inject the mixture in different parts of the meat, but this step is optional.
- If you do not have a syringe at hand, make small incisions in the upper part of the tenderloin and pour the remaining wine and oil.
- Sprinkle with the aromatic herbs.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for a few hours. The ideal is to prepare the marinade the night before so that the meat takes flavor. You should turn it over after a few hours.
- Before turning on the oven and getting down to work, remove the meat from the refrigerator at least two hours before cooking. This will allow the meat to cook evenly. If you do not remove the meat beforehand, it is possible that it will be crispy and cooked on the outside, but cold on the inside.
- Once the meat is at room temperature, preheat the oven to 180º C.
- Take the oven dish with the tenderloin to the oven and let it cook for 90 minutes.
- Every half hour, you should turn the meat and sprinkle it again with a little wine and oil, if you see that it is losing juices.
- Add salt and pepper.
- After one hour, raise the oven temperature to 200º C. That way, the pork loin will finish cooking and the outside will be crispy and golden brown.
- In this last half hour you can add the baking potatoes, if you want this to be the garnish. To do this, you should peel and cut the potatoes into more or less uniform slices, so that the cooking time is the same.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. It is important to spread them across the length and width of the tray and sprinkle them with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, aromatic herbs of your choice and coarse salt.
- Remove the meat and potatoes from the oven.
- The loin is ready to be served hot, so, with the help of a knife, cut into slices to serve to the diners. Do not forget to drizzle over the sauce that the meat has released during cooking.
Garnish for the pork loin roast
Pork tenderloin is a piece that goes well with any type of side dish. Preparing some baked potatoes can save you time, but they are not the only side option for this recipe. You can also prepare fried or mashed potatoes; the latter can add a fresh touch to the recipe.
You can accompany the pork tenderloin with a green salad.