One of the favorite meats of the Spaniards is pork. And if it is Iberian, even better because it is meat with a lot of juice, intense flavor, and soft and tender texture. Today we want to tell you how to prepare delicious roast pork ribs with soy and honey, a delight for the most demanding palates!
How to make roast pork ribs with honey and soy?
In Spain, they say they eat everything from pork, which is not a lie. They love to take advantage of every part of this delicious delicacy, and even more, if it is Iberian pork, a breed of pig with many health properties. It is also a delicacy because its meat is very soft and juicy.
Today we want to show you how to make delicious roast pork ribs with soy and honey marinade; even the kids will love it!
- 250 grams of Iberian pork ribs.
- One tablespoon of honey.
- Two tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a bowl, place the honey and soybeans. If you want to prepare more meat, use twice as much soy as honey. For two tablespoons of honey, four tablespoons of soy, for example.
- If you have the honey in the refrigerator or it is very compact, we recommend you put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes; in this way, it will be able to integrate much better with the soy, and the result will be spectacular.
- To incorporate the honey with the sauce, add the soy sauce and then the honey. Use a spoon to keep stirring while you do this step.
- Place the rib in an ovenproof dish and paint, with the help of a silicone brush, all sides of the rib with the honey and soy sauce mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator and marinate for a few hours. Ideally, this step should be done the night before cooking; the meat will have enough hours to marinate and pick up the delicious flavors of the honey and soy mixture.
- Remove the meat a couple of hours before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 120º C and bake the pork rib for about an hour. After one hour, raise the temperature to 180º C. Leave the meat in the oven for another hour.
- When the meat is browned, and you see that it can be easily removed from the bone, it is time to remove and serve it to the guests.
Tips for preparing a pork roast
We have already told you how to make baked pork marinade, which is a very easy way to make this recipe if you don't have a barbecue or don't want to assemble everything at home. But if you have enough time and want to surprise your guests, then it's time to get out of the barbecue and get to work.
The marinating process and time are the same, but instead of placing the meat in the oven, you must turn on the barbecue and put it on the rack once it is very hot. It is advisable to look for an indirect heat source for the pork roast. Also, pour some of the honey-soy mixtures on top when putting the meat on. The result is spectacular!
Leave it on the barbecue for approximately 40 minutes, with the lid covering the rib for better cooking. After this time, check how the meat is; if it is at the point you like or if you want it to cook more.
If you want to please your guests even more, then it is advisable to smoke the meat using apple or cherry pellets. The texture of the meat will be a bit stickier and delicious for everyone.
Remember that the grilling time on a grill differs from the preparation in the conventional oven. So it is essential to check the meat occasionally and turn it off if necessary.
What to accompany the barbecued ribs with?
You're almost ready to surprise guests with this unique and delicious stew! But roast pork ribs with soy and honey require an equally exquisite side dish. One of the best accompaniments is mashed potatoes, which are easy to make and never disappoint.
Another alternative to accompany these ribs is roasted vegetables. If you already have the barbecue to cook the meat, don't miss the opportunity to make exquisite skewers with onions, peppers, potatoes, and some bacon.