Sweet and savory get their day in the spotlight with this warming dish for grilled Ibérico ribs and spiced apples. This recipe works in any season. Utilize juicy cold-weather fruits or fire up the grill come summertime.
Ingredients for Grilled RIb Rack with Red Wine Sauce & Apples
- Campo Grande Ibérico 4-Rib Rack
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 orange
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon aji chili powder, or other hot chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 apples
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons Mike’s Hot Honey Sauce
Preparation for Grilled RIb Rack with Red Wine Sauce & Apples
- In a large sauce pot, mix red wine, a few strips of orange peel, juice from the orange, thyme, garlic, and ají powder.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Once cooled, add the rib rack into the mixture and let it sit for 40 minutes, or even overnight for more intense flavor.
- Fire up the grill to around 250ºF and place the rack of ribs on the grill. Baste the ribs with the wine marinade a few times throughout the cooking process.
- Cook until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF, or medium rare.
- To grill the apples, first coat them with the hot honey and sprinkle with cinnamon, reserving a bit to garnish.
- Bring the grill temperature up to 360-400ºF and cook apples for 20-30 minutes. Drizzle the remaining honey over the cooked apples and sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top.
- To make the red wine sauce, pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and discard the solids. Add cornstarch and reduce the sauce, whisking occasionally to remove any lumps. For a thicker sauce, add another tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Reduce sauce until it reaches your desired texture .
- Drizzle the ribs with the red wine sauce and serve with grilled apples. ¡Buen provecho!