A sweet limey sauce with chili and berries of your choosing adds a burst of fruity contrast to the rich, nutty fat of the Ibérico Presa. This recipe comes together quickly, giving you more time to crack open a bottle of red wine and enjoy your meal and your company.
- 1 21-28 oz. Campo Grande Ibérico Presa Steak
- Black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. berries of choice
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Flaky salt
- Season Presa with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat and sear the Presa on each side until browned, but not cooked through. Reduce heat to medium and cook until Presa reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF. Remove from the pan and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the limes cut-side down in the and cook until slightly charred.
- While the meat is cooking, chop berries into small pieces and place in a medium saucepan with the sugar and chili flakes. Cook until berries are soft and falling apart, sugar has dissolved, and you have a bubbling thick sauce, similar to marmalade. Squeeze the charred lime juice into the sauce and stir to combine.
- Once the meat has rested and the sauce is finished, slice the Presa, spoon the berry sauce on top, and sprinkle with flaky salt. ¡Buen provecho!