Give that already umami-packed Ibérico meat an extra umami boost with miso butter and some lightly caramelized pearl onions.
Ingredients for Pluma Pearl Onions & Miso Butter
- 1 18-25 oz. Campo Grande Pluma
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoon dried thyme or rosemary
- Black pepper
- 12 pearl onions, peeled
- 3 oz. unsalted butter
- 2 oz. miso paste
- 2 cups water
Preparation for Pluma Pearl Onions & Miso Butter
- Mix 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, rosemary or thyme, and salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Place Pluma in the dish to marinate while you prepare the onions.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large pot and add the onions, cooking until browned.
- Add butter, miso paste, and water and cook for 2 minutes, or longer if you prefer your onions softer and browned. Remove from heat.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the Pluma for 2.5 minutes on each side, or to medium rare.
- Remove from heat and let rest a few minutes before slicing.
- To serve, place onions on one side and fan out the sliced Pluma on the other, spooning the remaining miso butter sauce over the onions and Pluma. ¡Buen provecho!