Buttery Presa with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
February 20, 2023 • Cooking
Butter-basting is a simple technique that involves spooning herby butter over meat as it finishes cooking in the pan. The butter gets just a little bit toasty and adds another layer of flavor to the Presa. Here, we're slathering it with Kalejunkie’s paprika-infused chimichurri sauce for a smoky kick.
Buttery Presa with Chimichurri Sauce
Time: 30 min.
- 1 21-28 oz. Campo Grande Presa
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for cooking
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika.
- ¾ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- In a medium bowl or jar, mix together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper flakes oregano, paprika, and parsley. Set aside to marinate, ideally for 24 hours.
- Trim the Presa, removing any excess fatty tissue, and season with salt.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan and cook Presa for 5 minutes on each side.
- Add butter, rosemary, and thyme to the pan. Once it melts, tilt the pan towards you and use a medium-sized spoon to spoon butter and herbs over the Presa as it finishes cooking. Cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF.
- Let the meat rest for a few minutes, slice, and drizzle with reserved chimichurri sauce. ¡Buen provecho!