If we talk about Spanish cuisine, this is the dish par excellence without any doubt. It is said that there are as many different recipes as there are families in the country. Because of the way it is cooked or the ingredients that are added to it, which can be of all kinds.
In Spain, the confrontation between the team “with onions” and the team “without onions” is more than well known, as well as the discussions between “more done” and “less done”. But we can even go further: discussions between those who cut it "into triangles" and those who cut it into "squares". This is the eternal debate between any group of Spanish friends. What team are you from?
- 6 eggs
- 5 potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- Oil for frying (it is recommended to use olive oil)
- Put plenty of oil in a frying pan and heat. While the oil heats up, cut the potatoes into small squares and set aside.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic cloves to flavor the tortilla, then the potatoes and fry everything.
- While the potatoes are frying, beat the eggs in a large bowl and add salt to taste. When the potatoes are fried, add to the bowl with the eggs, mix together and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the pan WITHOUT the oil and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Turn it over. Place a large plate over the pan and flip onto the plate. Gently slide the tortilla back into the pan and let it cook for an additional few minutes.
- Flip the tortilla back into a plate and serve.
- Toast some bread, cut and eat.