Marinated meat skewers with vegetables
If you want a new idea to surprise your guests, this recipe is easy to prepare. We invite you to try delicious meat and vegetable skewers. The whole family will love this traditional and easy-to-make dish - finger-licking good!
How to prepare marinated meat skewers with vegetables?
Meat kabobs are easy to make, delicious, and healthy. Incorporating vegetables into the skewers gives you a varied and exceptionally healthy delicacy; choose the vegetables you like the most! You can also include, for example, bacon or smoked bacon to give the dish a different touch of flavor.
Keep in mind that the meat must be at room temperature before putting it on the fire and that it is best to use the grill or grill pan to make the skewers, although it is also valid to use the grill or pan.
We will tell you how to make this delicious recipe!
- 500 grams of veal.
- One tablespoon of cumin.
- One tablespoon of mixed herbs or spices.
- Two medium onions.
- One red bell pepper.
- One zucchini.
- 250 grams of bacon or smoked bacon.
- 200 grams of cherry tomatoes, but you can also use tomato balls.
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Juice a lemon or lime (you can use an orange).
- Chopsticks for the skewers.
- The first thing to do is to choose the best meat to make the skewers. As it is veal, it is advisable to buy beef brisket or flank in chunks; you also have the option of purchasing the meat already cut into pieces. If not, ask the butcher to cut it into cubes, especially for skewers, or to prepare it in a pot.
- Marinating the meat for at least one hour before cooking is essential. To do this, place the spices and herbs of your choice, together with the lime, lemon, or orange juice, in a bowl.
- Mix and introduce the meat, stirring with your hand.
- Place in the refrigerator and let the meat marinate. If you are in a hurry, leave the meat out of the fridge while it marinates and reaches room temperature. Remember that the meat must be at outside temperature to be able to take it to the fire, and in the case of veal, the longer it is left to marinate, the better. If you prepare this recipe well in advance, you can start marinating the meat early and take it out a couple of hours before putting it on the fire.
- Meanwhile, wash the vegetables and cut them into chunks or cubes.
- Peel the onion and dice it as well.
- When you have all the ingredients cut, place them on the skewers.
- Place a piece of meat, a part of a vegetable, and then another piece of meat. Alternate also with the bacon.
- Finish by placing a cherry tomato or a piece of ball tomato on the end of the skewer.
- Heat a little oil in the frying pan or skillet; you can also turn on the grill or barbecue.
- If you use the barbecue, pour a slight drizzle of extra virgin olive oil over the skewers.
- When the grill or pan is hot, place the skewers on it.
- It is essential to let the skewers cook for six minutes on each side. To handle and turn the skewers, use kitchen tongs.
- When the meat and vegetables begin to brown, season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and serve to the guests.
What to accompany marinated meat skewers with?
Meat skewers can be used as an appetizer or starter for a multi-course meal and a more informal outdoor dinner. Skewers, which can be eaten alone, can also be served as a main course and accompanied by various side dishes.
Surprise your guests with french fries, boiled potatoes, and mashed potatoes. Accompany the skewers with a second side dish, anything from a fresh salad to some white rice.
Other varieties of marinated meat skewers
The marinated meat skewers are served with the ingredients of your choice. You have already seen that this recipe is very easy and quick to prepare! Did you know that you can give a sweet touch to the meat skewers by serving them with a piece of pineapple? We invite you to dare to try this variety of recipes!
As we have already mentioned, once the skewers are cooked, and you have removed them from the heat, instead of sticking a cherry tomato or tomato ball on the toothpick, dare to use a pineapple cube! The pineapple will give a very different touch to the recipe and is ideal for the hottest days of the year; in addition, you can use freshly cut pineapple, but you can also take a chance with pineapple in syrup.