Cheesy potatoes, nutty pork, shrooms, and a herby butter sauce is the ultimate gourmet comfort food. Turn your house into a steakhouse with simple with these elegant sides.
- 6 small potatoes
- 2 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, diced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon black peppercorns, chopped
- 1 oz. mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1 18-25 oz. Campo Grande Abanico
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 pearl onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- Freshly ground pepper
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- While the potatoes are boiling, sauté shallots and mushrooms with a splash of olive oil until soft. Add brandy and flambé to cook off the alcohol.
- Add sour cream and peppercorns and cook for a few minutes, stirring to help the sauce come together. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes have finished cooking, slice the potatoes thinly and arrange them like shingles in the bottom of a glass baking dish. Scatter cheese over the top and season with salt and pepper. Place under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- While the potatoes are cooking, season the abanico with salt and pepper and sear on high heat for 2 minutes on each side, and set aside.
- In the same pan, add butter, garlic, onions, and rosemary, and cook on low for a few minutes until the butter absorbs the flavors and the onions and shallots are soft.
- Add the abanico back into the pan and cook on high heat for 2 minutes on each side, spooning the butter over the meat while it cooks.
- Remove from heat, let the abanico rest, and slice. Serve abanico with remaining buttery onions from the pan, mushroom sauce, and cheesy potatoes. ¡Buen provecho!