Mushrooms are usually seasonal preparations in Spain. In the fall, folks head to the woods to forage and make simple yet insanely delicious recipes like this with their bounty.
Time: 15 min.
- 1 18-25 oz. Campo Grande Abanico
- Handful of fresh parsley, minced
- 50g (2 oz.) mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Place parsley in a small bowl and fill with enough olive oil to just cover the parsley. Set aside.
- Fire up the grill and create two areas, one with direct heat and one with indirect heat.
- Drizzle mushrooms with olive oil and cook over indirect heat on the grill.
- While the mushrooms cook, heat a cast iron skillet over the direct heat and add a good glug of olive oil. Fry the eggs until the white is crispy and browned on the edges and the yolk is still runny. Remove from heat.
- Cook Abanico over direct heat for 3 minutes on each side and season with salt and pepper.
- Once mushrooms are cooked remove from the grill.
- Serve mushrooms, eggs, and Abancio all together with a drizzle of parsley oil. ¡Buen provecho!