This classic Spanish tapa is only made better with smoky Ibérico chorizo.
Recipe For Patatas Bravas with Chorizo
Time: 40 min
Ingredients for Patatas Bravas with Chorizo
- 1 pack Campo Grande Chorizo
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1.25 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1.25 cups chicken or beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 2.25 lb. potatoes
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- Chives (optional)
- Aioli (optional)
Preparation for Patatas Bravas with Chorizo
For the Brava sauce:
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil in a medium sauce pan and and cook onions until they’re soft and translucent.
- Add the chorizo, paprika, salt, and pepper, and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and broth, and cook for about 20-30 minutes. Stir frequently to make sure the onion doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Once it's ready, blend everything together until smooth and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
For the potatoes:
- Wash the potatoes well since they will be cooked with the skin on and fry them until they are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Serve the potatoes in a dish with the sauce on top and add a sprinkle of chives and aioli if you’re using. ¡Buen provecho!