Iberico Pork cuts are known throughout the world as exquisite and luxurious. The cuts come from a lean portion of muscle found deep within the shoulders of the Iberian pig. Iberico Pork Presa boasts exceptional marbled flavors that are sweet and nutty, emanating from the Iberian pig’s strongly acorn-based diet. The flavors that ooze from the meat are highly sought-after due to the succulent way they complement each other.
The Iberico pig, also known as the Iberian Pata Negra, is a domestic breed native to the Iberian peninsula. Many consider its highly prized meat as second to none.
The Best Way to Serve Iberico Pork Presa
The lean Iberico Pork Presa is at its best perfectly roasted, medium-rare, and sliced to serve up to five people. You can also grill the cuts to your desired consistency. This dish is most delicious when sprinkled with sea salt and olive oil for a bona fide baste.
Iberico Pork Presa can be the ideal dish to serve if you aim for a tender, flavorful, and discerning main dish that brings out the best of the Iberian tradition.
Serves 4 - 5
- 800 grams of Iberico Pork Presa lean meat
- Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- Your preferred seasoning
- Tinfoil wrap
- Crop the larger lumps of fat and sinew from the pork Presa while simultaneously preheating your oven 180 degrees celsius for 10 minutes.
- Season the meat with sea salt, pepper, or your own seasoning choices. Place the olive oil in a frying pan for heating.
- Seal the Presa by frying it inside the smoking-hot frying pan on each side for at least 4 minutes.
- After frying, transfer the meat into the oven and start roasting until you reach your desired level of doneness. Flip the Presa meat after 5 minutes. As mentioned, Iberico Pork Presa is at its best roasted medium-rare, which takes roughly 10 minutes.
- Remove the roasted meat from the oven and wrap it in tin foil. Allow it to rest for 15 minutes. The residual heat will continue to cook the meat even when removed from the oven.
- After resting, the meat will have reached the desired level of juiciness and acorn-induced flavor. Now it’s ready to be sliced and served. You can complement the dish with a serving of warm potato salad or any sides of your choice.
What Makes our Iberico Pork Special?
As with most cuts from the Iberian Pig, Iberico Pork Presa boasts a unique blend of sophistication and tradition. We believe that crafting incredible pork, which delights even the most discerning taste buds, comes down to three essential factors: genetics, lifestyle, and diet.
The Iberian pig’s lineage goes back a dozen millennia, pre-existing early human domestication. What makes this breed of pork special is its inherent capacity to store fat into muscle, producing an unparalleled meat quality.
We source directly from Southern Spanish family-owned farms that place a high value on humane and responsible breeding. These slow growth black-hoofed hogs live in freedom in their pasture, taking twice as long to reach maturity than their industrially-grown counterparts.
Our source breeders refrain from using gestation crates and pharmaceutical products like antibiotics and hormones, allowing for more natural growth and lifestyle. When a pig’s “one bad day” comes, Spanish artisans butcher their meat using the traditional and clean seam-cutting method.
These pigs are native only to the Iberian Peninsula, where they graze in mountains and forests that provide their favorite diet: acorns, nuts, and oak.
These hogs are 100% vegetarian, feeding on vast amounts of grass and protein-filled acorns in their pasture. Their unique diet is responsible for their meat’s distinct, multilayered flavor and world-renowned marbling.
What Other Cuts can I Find from Iberico Pork?
Apart from the sought-after Presa meat, you can find classic pork cuts from the Iberico pig in the same way that you would with ordinary industrial pork:
- Shoulder steak
- Shoulder loin
Despite belonging to the same family as its more commercially available counterparts, Iberico pork remains unmatched when it comes to delectability.
Want more info on presa? Check out our Ultimate Guide: How to Cook Presa Ibérica.
Looking for the perfect Iberian pork meal? Grab one of our Iberico pork boxes and start experiencing pork the way it’s supposed to be.