The best pork burgers
Do you want to learn how to prepare the best pork burgers and have your guests leave talking about how delicious they were? Here are some options! Remember that it is best to choose quality pork and have a lot of patience when preparing them: they can make a big difference!
How to prepare the best pork burgers?
Who doesn't like hamburgers? They're delicious! And even more so when you know how to make them and what to serve them with. Learn how to make them so your diners or guests won't stop talking about them and ask you for the recipe.
The most important thing is always choosing quality ingredients and, in this case: nothing like Iberian pork. It will indeed be somewhat more expensive than buying traditional pork. Iberian pork has the quality of being very juicy, as well as much more nutritious than regular pork.
This is due to the fact that the Iberian has excellent nutritional properties, but in addition, its texture is much softer, and the meat is much juicier. The first thing to do is to go to the butcher's and ask for Iberico meat, and which part is better? Try to find sirloin steak, a delicious and juicy cut that does not need a lot of seasoning.
Once you have the sirloin, ask the butcher to pass the piece through a meat grinder, and it will be ready! You may also be able to find, depending on the supermarket, Iberian pork meat ready for hamburgers.
What to mix the meat with for pork burgers?
You already have the meat, and now the ingredients turn to mix the burgers and form small meatballs that are then flattened to shape the burgers. The mixture varies significantly from country to country. You may be surprised to know that in Greece, for example, they use pecorino cheese for the mix and a splash of milk. They are delicious!
Best Pork Burger Recipe
- 500 grams of sirloin or loin of Iberian pork.
- One onion.
- Fresh parsley.
- Four cloves of garlic.
- Two eggs.
- Coarse salt.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Bread crumbs.
- A dash of milk.
- Pecorino cheese (optional).
- The first thing to do, as with all meat recipes, is to remove the meat from the refrigerator two hours before cooking. It will be much easier to handle it.
- Chop the onion finely, as finely as possible.
- Also, chop the garlic. If you can, process them in a food processor.
- Place the meat in a bowl, along with the onion and garlic. Sprinkle some fresh parsley (chopped), eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- Use your hand to mix and integrate the ingredients well.
- Add a splash of milk.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Finish by adding the pecorino cheese (in case you want to, as it is an optional ingredient).
- When the mixture is ready, take some of it and form small meatballs. The size should be more or less uniform.
- When you have all the balls included, flatten them to give them the shape of a hamburger. We recommend separating them using baking paper, so the burgers will not stick together.
- You can prepare the best burgers using two techniques: smashed or baked. If you make the burgers with the smash technique, you don't need to shape them; simply place the burgers on a very hot griddle and flatten them with a particular utensil. The smash burgers are ready in a couple of minutes, and you don't need oil or anything else.
- When baking the burgers in the oven, preheat to 220º C and place several burgers on the tray. They will be ready in about 20 minutes, approximately, but you will have to be careful not to burn them; it all depends on the oven's power!
- For the smash burgers, once you've flattened them and flipped them, add cheddar or American cheese on top and let it melt. If baked, add a slice of cheese on top for five minutes before removing them (when you check the doneness).)
Assembling the best hamburger
It's time to assemble the burger on the bun and with your favorite ingredients. Where to start? It is best to choose brioche bread; it gives a very different touch to the recipe; heat it a little in the pan or griddle where you have made the burgers!
Add the sauces of your choice. We recommend making a mixture of mayonnaise and mustard, a classic. Cut pickles and tomato in slices, as well as a lettuce leaf. These are the traditional ingredients of a hamburger.
If you want to surprise your guests, we suggest adding bacon and caramelized onion; we promise your guests will love it! You can substitute the lettuce for arugula and omit the pickles and tomato. Another alternative that will surprise everyone is if you use goat cheese instead of the traditional American or yellow cheese.
If you prepare a homemade bourbon sauce, then triumph is guaranteed! Remember to play with your favorite ingredients when assembling the burger. Of course, the Iberico burger itself will already be delicious. On the other hand, if you are looking for something delicious and very simple, then a traditional cheeseburger with just the meat, cheese, brioche bun, and sauces is more than enough.