The Iberian prey is one of the most versatile cuts of Iberian pork. The texture of this type of meat makes it ideal for preparing a wide variety of recipes. One of them is the Iberian prey tartar. Learn how to make it!
How to make Iberian pork tartar?
Tartar is one of the easiest recipes to make, it doesn’t require much time, and it has become viral in restaurants and among the most demanding palates. Tartar consists of raw meat, always seasoned with a delicious sauce and accompanied by vegetables.
Eating Iberian prey tartar is relatively safe, as the meat of these animals follows strict quality controls. Get to work and surprise your guests!
- 350 grams of Iberian pork.
- 100 grams of vegetables (carrots, zucchini, and asparagus).
- 40 grams of shallots.
- 40 grams of capers.
- 20 grams of tomato.
- 25 grams of old mustard.
- Lemon juice.
- Soy sauce.
- One egg yolk.
- Sunflower oil.
- Coarse cooking salt.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- The first thing to do is to prepare the mustard mayonnaise that will accompany this recipe. It is best to make it the day before so the ingredients settle. Place the egg yolk in a bowl, as well as a dash of sunflower oil, olive oil, a gram of salt, 30 grams of old mustard, and water.
- To make the mayonnaise, beat the egg yolk with the help of a whisk and gradually add sunflower and olive oil. Do not stop whisking!
- Add the mustard and salt, as well as a bit of water.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. That way, the mixture will settle.
- The dressing can also be prepared on the previous day so the ingredients blend well, and the flavor intensifies.
- For the dressing, finely chop the shallots, capers, and tomato.
- Place these ingredients in a bowl and add the juice of half a lemon. Pour a splash of extra virgin olive oil and soy sauce. Add lemon juice if necessary.
- Add a teaspoon of old mustard and stir.
- Reserve in the refrigerator, covering the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Once the meat is tender, cut it with a knife into cubes or chunks. They do not have to be uniform.
- Place the meat in a bowl and pour the dressing.
- Stir the ingredients; you can do it with your hands to mix them very well.
- Remove the mayonnaise from the refrigerator so that it will also warm up.
- To plate the tartar, use a cooking ring or a small, flat-bottomed bowl. Place the meat in this ring and straight onto the plate. When you remove the call, you should have a perfect beef circle!
- Serve a drizzle of mustard mayonnaise on one side of the tartar.
- Accompany the tartar with the previously cooked vegetables. Steamed vegetables are the best side to this recipe!
Tips for preparing the best Iberian pork tartar
The first thing is to choose quality meat, unlike the Iberian prey! This meat is one of the best to prepare in tartar, thanks to its texture and intense flavor. It melts in your mouth! But for the tartar to be delicious, you must buy Iberian meat; as we have already mentioned, it follows strict quality controls, so it is very safe when consumed raw.
On the other hand, even if these quality controls are followed, it is essential to freeze the meat at least two days before consumption. This will avoid problems of parasites and bacteria in essence.
The day you consume the meat, you should move it from the freezer to the refrigerator so it can thaw. It is important to avoid cross-contamination, so the meat should always be thawed cold. In the case of tartar, removing the heart from the refrigerator is not so important so that it is at room temperature at the moment of serving. Still, firing it at least 15 minutes before is advisable to cut it easily. And the cut? Always by hand and with a knife that has enough edge!
Mixing the meat and the dressing and resting for about 10 minutes is also advisable. This way, the core will pick up the marinade flavors, and the texture and taste will be more prosperous. Stay within these 10 minutes!
Another tip is to serve on the spot because, in this way, the properties of the meat are preserved, as well as the flavor of the Iberian prey.
What to serve with Iberian pork tartar?
In our Iberian pork tartar recipe, we recommend you accompany the meat with vegetables such as carrots, asparagus, and steamed or boiled zucchini. Still, variety is the spice of life, so choose the ingredients you like the most for the tartar! For example, you can finely chop avocado or beetroot and make a bed with the cooking ring and serve the tartar on it. The taste will be incredible!
You can also serve it with an egg yolk on top, a traditional way of doing tartar in restaurants, or place vegetables such as broccoli on the side. Even a salad goes well with the Iberian prey tartare. Dare to try it!